Wednesday, September 28, 2005


and so it begins...

I have been reading several blogs for the last few months and have decided to dip my toes into the water. Finally. I plan to share snippets from my journey with the idea that we all learn from each other. Isn't that why we are here? To learn and grow and be.

My journey has brought me to a place where the daily lessons sometimes overwhelm me. Yet, I am learning that these lessons do not go away. I cannot hide from them. They not only find me, they burrow in and do not let up. The task at hand then is to breathe and be still. To let the mind settle and the body relax. I know this is what helps me. Ahhh...but this is not so easy. Yes, we learn lessons from the lessons too.

After moving last summer from the Midwest to the Pacific Northwest, I find myself noticing the world around me with wider eyes and a more open heart. Switching careers and moving away from the safety of family, friends, and the constant same-ness of living in the one place have given me the space to begin. To discover. To explore. And on these new adventures I am lucky enough to have the support of a genuine friend who is also my husband and a precocious pooch named Millie.