Friday, December 09, 2005

a piece of me

This is a collage that I created for a woman who is in my yoga teacher training. The tag is fixed by a little brad so you can move it, and if you peak under it, you will find: be you.

She climbs mountains. People who do this create awe in my soul. I think it is amazing. Over the holidays, she is going to africa to climb mt. kilimanjaro. In awe.

(Have I mentioned that I am in the midst of this two year intensive teacher training in viniyoga? we meet one weekend a month - June 2004-June 2006. This is our december weekend. Two afternoons filled with honest conversation, study of the movement of the body, reflection, laughter, growth, sangha.)

I realize that my first attempts in this world of "art" are simply that: first attempts. I share them with you as I (try to) let go of the inner critic. To listen to the other voice inside that says create, give, let go, laugh. To be brave enough to give someone a little piece of me.

Leaving Pieces by Brain Andreas

She left pieces of her life behind her everywhere she went.
It's easier to feel the sunlight without them, she said.