Sunday, April 23, 2006

four for fun and a request

1) My site has new clothes thanks to Joleen! Thank you girl. I love it!!!

2) Meeting bloggers has become my new favorite past time. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Dana (aka Lynn of Sprigs) at the zoo here in Tacoma. We sat for quite a while watching the crazy fish with teeth and fins like dancing skirts. And we learned we both get a little uneasy around the tank that is home to the tuna and sharks. The tuna....well, they are a bit like a gang up to no good. And the sharks...you can get way to close to those guys in there. When one started coming directly toward us I had to step back away from the tank...quickly. We also spent some time working on some ideas for Poetry Thursday, but I think we could create a whole new blog just about escapades at zoos. Dana has a wonderful sense of humor...I mean I am still cracking up a day later she is that funny. Visit her blog and you will see what I mean.

3) It's flip flop weather here! The sun is shining and the sky is a gorgeous shade of blue. The squirrels are chasing each other in the yard. New plants seem to be shooting up all over the place. Yes. I am in love with spring.

4) Jon and I joined netflix after Jim and Laini's strong recommendation. How much fun is this? Oh I love moving things around and adding them to the queue. And our first movies arrived. So we have watched the first three episodes of Huff (thanks for the recommendation Denise) and it is already back in the mail. Love it. Huff was very good...we moved the next disc up into the queue and I can't wait to see what happens next in this wacky family.

and a request...
Both Pixie and Marilyn have friends who have recently been diagnosed with cancer. A dear friend of mine's brother will go through a bone marrow transplant here in Seattle later this month. We have all been touched by cancer in some way or another and many of us are probably touched by it right now.
I would love it if you would just take a moment and take a breath and send some positive energy to all that need healing today. That energy can take many forms: prayer, meditation, laughter, positive thoughts...do what feels right for you. Let's see what we can do to help the healing of the body, heart, and soul begin.

(a sunday scribblings post is to come...but have to make a dent in this editing first)