Wednesday, July 26, 2006

eat, drink, and be merry (or in this case, married)

Later today, Jon and I are headed to Jackson, Wyoming for the wedding of one of my boarding school friends. In college, I spent a summer there with this friend and three others; it is gorgeous country. Jon has never been, and I can't wait to introduce him to it all.

While I am gone, please enjoy these two poems by Li-Young Lee (I have been smitten with his words since I "discovered" the poem "Persimmons" last week. The first is called "Eating Together" and falls into the realm of the PT food prompt; the second is a tender poem called "The Gift."

Head on over to Poetry Thursday to link to more poems.
Also, look at Swirly's new site for 52 Figments.
And, check out Melba's new contest to support an incredible charity.