Monday, February 19, 2007

overheard (while listening to my ipod and writing)

feist (when i was a young girl)
when i was a young girl i used to seek pleasure

stevie nicks (landslide)
can the child within my heart rise above
can i sail through the changing ocean tides
can i handle the seasons of my life

deb talan (how will he find me)
there’s a well inside of me
that never runs dry

james taylor (up on the roof)
i’ll get far away from the hustling crowd
and all the rat-race noise down in the street

eddie from ohio (twenty thousand hearts)
to hell with distance
remember who you’re talking to

everything but the girl (walk the same line)
if you lose your faith babe
you can have mine

joshua radin (someone else’s life)
when i’m lost
i look at my picture of you

indigo girls (power of two)
the closer i’m bound in love to you
the closer i am to free

kenny rogers (love lifted me)
when nothing else would do
you know, love lifted me

paul simon (wartime prayers)
but when the wounds are deep enough and it’s all that we can bear
we wrap ourselves. in prayer.