Thursday, July 05, 2007

color week: yellow and orange (or: join me for lunch?)

i imagine that you have joined me for lunch today...

this is what we are having:

lunch july 5

cherries

strawberry creme

(so since there are no rules with color week, i am kind of blending the first four days of colors with my lunch today)

a little quest:
jon has been drinking italian sodas for years, but i tend to always get coffee when we go to cafes (iced mochas in the summer). but, when we were in oregon, i tried this raspberry italian soda with cream. oh my goodness. the flavor took me right back to when i was a kid and we would go to marco island, fl (before my little brother was born) and we would walk down the beach, me and my mom and my dad, and then walk on to this frozen yogurt place. now, this was back when we didn't have frozen yogurt chains and it was pretty new. i loved that frozen yogurt. i think i also loved the time spent with my parents there, out in the sun just the three of us (and then my brother later). over the years, i have always searched for a similar flavor, but never have found it. until now.

i am on a small but important quest to try italian sodas and other cream drinks at some of my favorite cafes this summer.

today, i found that the strawberry blended creme drink at starbucks is pretty darn close to that flavor from my past.

what is new with you? have you been undertaking any quests of your own lately?