Friday, August 03, 2007

happiness by mail

Karen Beth hosted a themed swap where she asked participants to send their swap partners things that make them happy. This idea made me...well...ahem...happy, so I joined in on the fun.

I was lucky enough to be partnered with Stephanie. She sent me the most delightful package that included a delicately handmade book of poetry filled with some of her poems (which was a welcome oasis during my week of ups and downs), a much-loved favorite book (to replace mine that has been long loaned out), a little accordian fold book from Littleput Books, and a gorgeous pair of her handmade earrings (go check out her etsy shop! Her jewelry is beautiful).

happiness swap

In her note she said that the earrings were "fit for an earth mermaid." I must admit to tearing up at that. Thank you so much Stephanie!