Sunday, September 30, 2007

overheard while walking in circles, week 3

Deb Talan reminds me:
Now you only dream in peaceful blue
The morning doesn't even scare you anymore
You are a phoenix with your feathers still a little wet
Baby, the ashes just look pretty on your eyes.


The Cranberries picks up the pace with:
Oh my life is changing everyday
Every possible way


Frou Frou sings:
So let go, jump in
Oh well, whatcha waiting for


Keith Urban keeps me going with:
'Cause days go by
I can feel 'em flyin'
Like a hand out the window in the wind.
The cars go by
Yeah it's all we've been given,
So you better start livin' right now
'Cause days go by.


Kelly Clarkson invites a little grin with:
But since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so movin' on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
What I want
Since you've been gone


Dashboard Confessional sings a few of my current favorite lines:
I watch you spin around
In the highest heels
You are the best one

Of the best ones

Tina Turner does what she does best with:
Cause I don't have no use
For what you losely call the truth
You better be good to me


The Dixie Chicks remind me of the truth:
Well, I fought with a stranger and I met myself
I opened my mouth and I heard myself
It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself
Guess I could have made it easier on myself

But I, I could never follow


Paul Simon sings his sweet song:
I figure that once upon a time I was an ocean
But now I'm a mountain range
Something unstoppable set into motion
Nothing is different, but everything's changed


the "no one is going to stop me (not even me)" playlist

"Ashes on Your Eyes" by Deb Talan
"Let Go" by Frou Frou
"Days Go By" by Keith Urban
"Since You've Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
"Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional
"You Better Be Good to Me" by Tina Turner
"The Long Way Around" by the Dixie Chicks
"Once Upon Time There Was an Ocean" by Paul Simon