Friday, February 01, 2008

a little excitement

lecien half yard bundle



Last week I mentioned that I am super excited about something.

Well, since then, I have been gathering beautiful florals and dots…


loving dots and floral

vintage linens…

vintage bird embroidery

and bits...

trim and other bits

together...

finds

I have been spending time with spring and summer colors and items with a "this pattern reminds me of weekends spent at Grandma's" feel because…

current favorite

I have been accepted to vend at The Farm Chicks Show!!!

The show takes place in Spokane, WA in June! It is an antique/gorgeous "junk" show where a few folks are also selected to sell their homemade items. The show is attended by people from all over the country (I think you and you…oh and you too…should come on out for it!!) and has been featured in Country Living Magazine. The two ladies who are The Farm Chicks, Serena and Teri, seem beyond delightful. I can't wait to meet them in June.

I am filling up my "notes from the little room" moleskine with ideas and new designs. And, I look forward to sharing bits and pieces of all this brainstorming with you…

To have such a flow of ideas and to feel this excitement has been filling me up with joy. I am so blessed. Last year felt like it was all about the idea of "begin;" a word that deeply resonates within. But it is the doing that seems to be most important right now. So, I have been calling 2008 the "year of the do." It is very brave to begin, but I think it can sometimes take even more courage to move through the begin to the do.

I hope that you get to spend some time twirling with joy, sitting in the quiet, working on a project just for you, napping, and enjoying time with people who support you…I hope you get to spend time like that soon…