Tuesday, June 17, 2008

meet the library pocket totes (and a question for you)

in the gardens at green gables



Summer. Hot sun. Keds. Pulling my little brother behind me in his wagon. A purple bike complete with banana seat and white wicker basket. Walks to the neighborhood library for books. Stopping at the Burger Dairy corner store for popsicles. Walking home and curling up on the orange-flowered cushions on the screened-in porch with a stack of books…The Yearling, Trixie Belden, The Boxcar Children. Adventures await...

This is a peek into the summers of my childhood. I remember carrying a small rectangular tote bag with a rainbow on the front during these walks to and from the library.

With these memories in mind, I designed this tote for the summer reading of my adult life. It will hold adventures where I might:

Have a picnic at Pemberley
Take a walk in the gardens of Green Gables
Have tea in Cranford
Solve mysteries in Sleepyside


picnic at pemberley



I can't wait.

I would love to know some of the places you visited while reading through your summer reading lists of the past...or the present. Where have you had a picnic or solved a mystery or twirled with laughter? I would love to join you there...and a bet a few others would too.

Share your favorite summer reads with us...

(I have added a few of these and some simple selma totes and some aprons to my etsy shop)