Monday, February 16, 2009

a new adventure: the be present retreats



When we open ourselves to the light and listen to the truth within us, we find possibility. Through this new understanding, we find our center, we find our breath, we find our path.

For a few years now, a dream has been living inside me. At first, it was a whisper and I would hear it and honor that I heard it, but just keep going. But, sometimes I would allow myself to imagine what this dream might look like if it was a true part of my life. Slowly, it became something I would write about in my idea journal...possibility began to take form. Then it became a dream told to a few people over tea and phone calls across the miles. And finally, finally this dream that was once a whisper that became possibility became a tangible page of this journey.

This dream is about people gathering in community where they can create and share and be together. This dream is about people taking time away from their daily lives to begin to hear their own whispering dreams. This dream is about the connection between yoga and living a creative life. This dream is about sitting around the fire at the end of the day, taking a deep breath and looking inward, playing with art supplies and words, and growing more into yourself.

I am beyond excited to be sharing this with you...you reading this who support me in this space and listen to me as I share pieces of me...I am so excited to be sharing this new adventure with you...

The Be Present Retreats

The Be Present Retreats were born from the belief that creating is a meditation of the soul. Each retreat is an invitation to pause in your life and gather in a supportive environment filled with like-minded individuals in a creative, playful, and meditative atmosphere.



June 2009 brings Self-Portrait Excavation, a retreat centered around the journey that is the self-portrait. We will gather on the coast in Gearhart, Oregon and immerse ourselves in paint, words, photography, and the beauty of our surroundings under the guidance of Judy Wise, Jen Goff, and me.

I hope you will take some time to explore the Be Present Retreats blog (and join me in a little dance around the room).