Wednesday, October 05, 2005

what is your practice?



At a workshop I attended this summer in Manzanita, OR:
Write about the following -
Who am I?
What is my contribution, my work? What do I want it to be?
What makes me content?
What makes me unhappy or vulnerable?
What are you willing to give up so that you can have more contentment?
Look over the above and circle two or three ideas/statements from each question that stand out to you. Create a paragraph from them.

My paragraph:
I am a thinker, teacher of others, and dancer of life. My work is to create peace around me and to write about true things, feelings, and moments so that others will know they are not alone. I am most content when I am experiencing moments of laughter and when I am talking with others about things that are real. I feel vulnerable around people who do not have boundaires, when I feel like I do not have control of my environment and/or future. I am willing to give up the need to influence others who do not want to be influenced and to realize I am only in charge of myself. This is my practice.

I write this today:
To remind myself of what I wrote in late July.
To remind myself that I know my practice off my yoga mat, at least I know what it is right now, at this time, on this path of my life.
To remind myself not to judge me and not to judge this path.
To remind myself to check in, in this same way every few months.

What is your practice?

(photo: Sunset at Hug Point, OR, 7/28/05, canon digital rebel)