Thursday, April 27, 2006

poetry thursday

(finding my inner haiku)

A chickadee chirps;
the pillow under my head,
my ears awaken.

*******
Want to go to a poetry reading? Poets.org has a great calendar of events on their site. Check it out and report back if you attend any readings in a city near you!
Friday is Poem in Your Pocket Day in NYC. I think this idea is fantastic! Carrying a poem in your pocket that you share with friends, family, co-workers, the people who make your latte at Starbucks - the possibilities are endless!
Some people have shared that Poetry Thursday has invited them to discover or rediscover poetry. I love this. If you still aren't sure poetry is for you, I invite you to check out this poem from the Poem in Your Pocket Day website.
*******
As always, if you want to participate in Poetry Thursday, share a poem on your blog (if you don't have a blog, leave a poem here in the comments). The poem can be one your write or one by someone else (just be sure to give them credit and it is also great to include where you found the poem in case people want to check the book/publication/website out themselves). After you post your poem, you are welcome to leave a comment here so people know you have posted. If you want to be added to the sidebar of participants, just send me an email.
Happy reading! And I invite you to find your inner haiku...maybe not today, but someday soon...
when you are ready.