Wednesday, May 02, 2007

three things: a street photo, a swap, a thank you

first, i am finally participating in self-portrait challenge after not taking part for weeks. jon took this photo of me at the fremont market this sunday. i am smiling at some awesome t-shirts (so many great handmade clothes for sale this time), not at the camera. he "got me" with this one so to speak. i love thinking about what all the people in this photo were doing with their day. what caught their eye, what brought them to the market, what they did for the rest of the day. this month's challenge is a hard one, but so interesting...

street photo at the fremont market

second, i am so excited to finally share with you what i received in the vintage button swap (hosted by sally). you all know me and my love of buttons...especially pink ones. my swap partner zenzhey was so great and, in her words, "pinked up" my package. it just made me so happy! thanks zen!

button swap goodies

button swap

button swap pincushion

i already have some ideas for a few of the buttons. i love the pincushion and put it to use right away. i find i need one next to the sewing machine, on the ironing board (or bathroom counter as the case may be as i seem to iron there lately), and wherever i am cutting/pinning.

third, i want to say thank you to all of your for your kind comments about my prayer flags. some of you emailed and commented asking when they will be for sale. i hope to have my etsy shop open this month. if you are interested in anything i post prior to then or would like to discuss a special order, please just send me an email at waywardtulip at gmail dot com.

happy may to all of you!