Wednesday, August 22, 2007

a moment

august 22



Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up.
- Pearl Buck

i took a moment at the end of a long, busy day to create a small altar in the bathroom. i took a moment to breathe and drink tea and watch the candle flicker. i took a moment to sink into the quiet. i took one brief moment just for me.


*****

the house is a bit turned on its head right now as we star in our self-created episode of an HGTV show. a day at IKEA and a big delivery tomorrow. with the help of my mom (she is visiting), we are hoping to find order in the midst of the clutter and chaos we have been living in for too long.

tonight, after the house became quiet and the work was done, i gathered some favorite stones and shells and other bits from the bookshelves we were emptying and moved them to a new home.