Wednesday, September 19, 2007

overheard while walking in a circle, weeks 1 and 2

Deb Talan sang:
Tell your story to anyone who'll listen
Tell your story
Don't stop talking
Just tell your story walking

Natalie Maine's reminded:
I know you said
Why can't you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it

Neil Diamond encouraged:
Can't stand still while the music is playin'

Paul Simon picks up the tempo:
Gone at last, gone at last
I had a long streak of bad luck
But I pray it's gone at last

Tina Turner spoke her truth:
And I never lost one minute of sleeping
Worrying bout the way things might have been

Keith Urban kept me going with:
My troubles behind me
I'm alive and I'm free
Who wouldn't wanna be me

Natalie Maines pushed me forward:
Well, I fought with a stranger and I met myself
I opened my mouth and I heard myself
It can get pretty lonely when you show yourself
Guess I could have made it easier on myself

But I, I could never follow

And, Deb Talan invited in healing:
Dry your wings in the sun
You have only begun to understand

The "do I really have to do this" playlist:

"Tell Your Story" by Deb Talan
"Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks
"Cherry, Cherry" by Neil Diamond
"Gone at Last" by Paul Simon
"Proud Mary" by Tina Turner
"Who Wouldn't Want to be Me" by Keith Urban
"The Long Way Around" by the Dixie Chicks
"Ashes on Your Eyes" by Deb Talan