Wednesday, April 30, 2008

orange (wednesday)

gathering


i remember drinking fresh orange juice on the beach in marco island


juicer


from one of those orange shaped cups with the green lid and straw


one


something made me think of this memory the other day; i could smell that orange juice mixed with suntan oil, fresh air, and salt


juicy


i missed my parents in that moment as i closed my eyes and thought about the three of us, me sitting between them, on the beach of my early childhood vacations


juicing


at some point, i took a break from orange juice and all things orange flavored; not sure why, but it became a twenty year break


stacked


all my friends and family knew that orange was my least favorite


full glass


but after living here, on the west coast, for a few months, i began to crave oranges


after


and now i drink them, eat them, and breathe them in


drink up


perfection nestled in memories



day three of color week