Monday, February 23, 2009

kinda like this...

we spent the weekend on the oregon coast.

my senses sing when at the coast.

on saturday, just before sunset, as the rain persistently fell, i was captivated by scurrying sandpipers (i am pretty sure they are sandpipers). i found myself just watching them run and pause to eat with their little tailfeathers up in the air and run again and again. rapid zigzagging feathered beings.

oh they just filled me with joy.

seriously.

i love them.

i caught a couple on film. if you turn up the sound, you can hear me talking to myself above the wind and the waves. i forgot the sound captures me if i talk to myself. and. ahem. it does. so there i was, standing, camera out in the rain, by myself, and giggling like no one would be listening.

so yes, spending time with me, sometimes...well, it is kinda like this...