Monday, July 27, 2009

nine {with stephanie lee}

Today's interview is with the radiant soul who is Stephanie Lee. She is an incredible artist, a beautiful woman, mother, and friend, and she has a way of inspiring others through the written word. Get to know her a bit more through her blog Semiprecious Salvage. Stephanie and I seem to cross paths when we most need to, and I honor that she is a true seeker on her journey. Today, we are lucky to be able to see pieces of what she finds on her path...

*****


Question 1: Who are you?






Question 2: What do you love about where you live?







Question 3: What might your perfect afternoon look like?






Question 4: If you had an hour alone in your studio/creative space, what would you do?






Question 5: Right now, what are some of your favorite things?







Question 6: What foods nourish your soul?






Question 7: When you need to simply take a breath and reground yourself, what do you do?





Question 8: How do you nurture your creative dreams?





Question 9: Does your heart have a secret wish you want to share?







Stephanie writes: I'm a seeker and a finder, an asker and a listener, a poet and a mute. I try my best to live consciously. I live for the biggest little things - for wide skies, staying up late, getting up early to see the sun rise, my girls' laughter, my man's faith in me, and for learning. Learning, learning, learning. I love sewing, cooking, making things for friends, generally being domestic, reading and writing and writing about what I'm reading. I eat peaches over the sink, my insides like to boogie while my outsides keep a cool front. I love green shoes and wearing them while perhaps driving a little too fast because I like the way my stomach tickles when I go over that one little hill.....


(All photos copyright Stephanie Lee)

*****

Nine is an interview series with creative folks that began in the Spring of 2009; the interviewees are asked to respond to the interview questions in photographs (or video). You can scroll through all the interviews here.