Tuesday, August 21, 2007

a cocoon

august 21


a cocoon of quiet and truth. this is what i find in moments in the shower. i soak up the quiet as i lean my forehead against the cool wall and give myself permission to open my mind to whatever i need to think about, dream about, hope for. i give myself permission to breathe as the water cascades down my body. i give myself permission to seek answers in the quiet.

when i step from the shower, some days i remember to will the cocoon to stay with me. some days i remember to hold on to what i have sought, what i have learned.

*****

carla has started a project called my sacred life; she is posting a picture a day with the idea being "to creatively connect with the holiness of everyday life." she has invited folks to join her in this idea, and i decided i would accept that invitation, knowing i might not post everyday but that i will enjoy trying as i seek the sacred in my life.