Tuesday, August 15, 2006

inviting peace {a chant}

I believe that letting go of the words that can seem stuck inside of us, as many people have been doing in the comments of Sunday’s post, frees some space inside you. I honor those of you who have freed this space inside you with the pieces you have left here. Thank you for being brave and sharing your feelings, emotions, fears, and thoughts.

Today, I was thinking about the idea that for some people, when they share something they have been keeping inside, they feel freedom. This created space inside is a relief. For others, this space may feel new and invite uncertainty.

Wherever you are in your journey, I would like to invite you to fill the space inside you with peace.

To me, inviting peace means to invite a feeling of quiet, calm, validation, safety, and the knowledge that you are not alone.

If you click on the audio post below, you will hear a chant that invites peace. Shanti is the Sanskrit word for peace. In my yoga classes, and maybe in classes you have been in, this brief chant is usually repeated three time. I have repeated it a few more times in case you want to join in after you have heard it. At the end of this chant, I have shared some words my teacher often says at the end of class.

If you don’t feel like you are in a place to invite peace inside you, maybe you should take a moment to leave a comment in the previous post or read what others have left in the comments. You might feel yourself shift a bit.

Thank you for sharing yourself here.

this is an audio post - click to play